This was very much a last-minute costume, so I made it pretty much straight from a commercial pattern, and I didn't make a muslin beforehand. Thus, the fit suffered quite a bit, and I actually had to gaff tape myself into the bodice so it would stay in place. I used McCall's 4460, view C, except I omitted the tulle and added a lot of layers to the skirt.
My decision to make this dress was cemented when I found a pin-tucked, cross-hatched muslin at Hancock Fabrics. It practically screamed "pineapple!" I bleached it and then dyed it with RIT Golden Yellow, which I had left over from my adventures in rainbow dress dyeing.
The skirt also has four layers: two underlayers of dark green poly/cotton, and two overlayers of iridescent green chiffon. The underlayers follow the pattern, so they have a straight-across hem, but for the overlayers I had each skirt piece come to a point, to simulate the pineapple's leaves. I rotated the top layer about 45 degrees so that the points are staggered, rather than overlapping. All hems are finished with a serged rolled edge. The seam between the bodice and the skirt is kind of messy, and the yellow zipper really shows up against the green of the skirt, so I added a gold ribbon around the waist in the hopes of camouflaging these imperfections.